New procedures due to Covid-19
(Updated early June 2020)
PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE PAGE - THANK YOU!
We are implementing a minimum of 6 feet social distancing.
We ask that you do please be respectful of this for everyone's health.
We will be doing our best to ensure one client at time is entering or exiting our facility in order to help everyone is successfully social distancing.
Please take note that all Pennsylvanians are encouraged to wear masks.
Wearing a mask helps protect both the person wearing the mask and those are you. Please also remember to wear your mask properly.
We ask that you do please be respectful of this. We will be doing our best to ensure one client at time is entering or exiting our facility in order to help everyone successfully social distance in addition to wearing masks.
Please keep in mind that although we are doing our best to help everyone social distance - both us as well as trying to have our clients social distance - please still wear a mask to limit your spread of germs (even if you don't think you are sick - remember it is said that you can be asymptomatic). Remember my mask protects you & your mask protects me. Although we are highly encouraging everyone to social distance, if we cannot guarantee that someone will not cross paths if someone is early/late or someone misses that someone else is there.
If you need to reach us please call us at 610-944-6468 (please remember this is a landline so calls only please, no text messages as we will not be able to receive them).
Our e-mail address is [email protected]
When you e-mail us please have the service (for example boarding, grooming, and the type of animal in the subject line) it helps to more quickly spot appointment requests, or for vaccination records or rabies certificate for that to be in the title, or update or records, so when and if we need to quickly search for it we can. It also helps to prevent these items to going into spam and them being missed or deleted mistaking them for spam emails.
Our fax number is 610-944-5728.
You can reach us on Facebook at D and D Kennel.
- Check in date and time
- Check out date and time
- Would you like your dog to stay in the basic or deluxe boarding? (If you are not sure please refer to our rates and services page for information regarding the differences. There are also pictures and videos on both our website and Facebook page to give you a virtual tour of both boarding areas)
- We ask that if you pet has any health, behavioral, and or senior age concerns you make us aware of this at time of reservation, including special care needs and or medication needs.
- When you are available (or not available) to bring your dog in for grooming services so we can quickly narrow it down to a date and time that will work for both of us (for you to bring in and pick up your pet on time as well as for us to groom your pet)
- What the grooming services are that you desire for your dog (for example shave off, a specific hair cut, trim, bath, nails, ear hair plucking and cleaning etc - please keep in mind whether or not your dog is matted will depend on how your dog's hair can or cannot be cut, as well as if your dog will cooperate for that service) *Please do keep in mind due to the large amount of time grooming was closed due to Covid-19 mandated closure - most dogs will likely need to be shaved off due to matting.
- If we are not familiar with your dog please be prepared to tell us what breed the dog is, size, coat condition, as well as desired groom. If we are not familiar with your dog please let us know if you know or suspect any behavior concerns when it comes to grooming your dog (for example if you know or suspect the dog does not like nail trimming and is likely bite the groomer - telling us this helps prevent the groomer from being bitten).
- If your dog has any health issues or concerns that effect grooming your dog please make us aware of this at the time of scheduling your dog (for example: tumors/growths, a dog who over weight or has arthritis or injury and is unable to stand for long periods, etc.)
- You may be assigned a specific enclosure to put your dog into. Please do not put your dog in any other enclosure - only the enclosure you have been assigned. Please keep in mind other enclosures will likely already have someone else's dog currently in them or they are also about to be occupied. All enclosures are indoor/outdoor enclosures, with a door that can be shut keeping the dog(s) on one side. When you drop off your dog the door will be closed, however it will be opened after you leave.
- You may be told to place your dog into a pen temporarily which is located at the front of the basic boarding area (this is regardless of whether your dog will be boarded in basic or deluxe boarding). After you put your dog into the pen and leave the boarding area we will come out to get your dog and place your dog into the enclosure he/she will be staying in. (If you have any concern that your dog will escape the pen please let us know asap). (Why is the drop off/pick up pen on the basic boarding side you may wonder - this is due to the fact that the fence around our deluxe boarding area is solid, which means you cannot see if we are on the other side, a dog is on the other side, or another client - which not only would make a social distancing problem, but also poses a safety issue. The basic boarding fence can be seen through to see whether or not another client and dog(s) are in area with the temporary pen)
Unfortunately in Pennsylvania pet groomers are considered to be a nonessential business. As long as Berks County, PA has non essential businesses closed we are not allowed to provide grooming services.
- Owner(s) full first and last name
- owner's full address
- owner's e-mail address
- owner's cell phone number
- owner's home phone number
- (you can also provide work number if this may be a number we can reach you at - for example while your pet is here for grooming appointment)
- type of animal
- pet's name
- color (if you'd like to include any particular markings/descriptions you're welcome to)
- whether or not your pet is spayed/neutered
- age (its ok if you do not know your pet's exact date of birth but if you could provide an estimate on what year your pet was born (if you are unsure a lot of time your pet's vaccination record has birth date on it)
- If we do not already have your pet's vaccination record and rabies certificate on file now is a great time to do so - so that way when you do board we have this already and you do not have to worry about it
- If your pet just got the vaccination updated now is a good time to update our records so you don't forget when it comes time to board your dog
Prior to picking up you will be notified of the balance due for your pet's services. This payment can be paid by cash or check.
Cancelation or rescheduling of appointments
If you know you have or suspect you have Covid-19, or that someone in your household does please cancel your appointment!
When you have recovered and are no longer carrying Covid-19 please feel free to get in touch with us to reschedule your appointment. If you have concern that you may have Covid-19 please contact your doctor.
Please do not come in if you feel that you or someone you have been in contact with has Covid-19 in order to reduce the risk of spreading the virus.
Information for all customers
Covid-19 related links
The following are links to other websites that may help to better inform you of Covid-19 information:
- Pennsylvania Department of Health Coronavirus (Covid-19) - https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/disease/coronavirus/Pages/Coronavirus.aspx